(Edmonton) The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club announced today that Len Rhodes will become President & CEO effective December 1, 2011. Rhodes has an extensive background as a senior executive in the consumer goods sector, most recently as Senior Vice President & General Manager, Reebok-CCM Hockey (Global).
Edmonton Eskimo Board Chairman, Allan Sawin, states, “There were a number of outstanding candidates for this position. We chose Len due to his excellent leadership skills and he also has tremendous marketing, sales and brand management strength.”
Rhodes says, “I am very excited and honoured to become part of one of North America’s preeminent sports franchises. I look forward to working with the entire Eskimo organization to achieve our goals of excellence in all facets of our business.”
Current Eskimo President and CEO Rick LeLacheur announced in the spring that he would be retiring at the end of his contract in December 2012. Sawin says, “We’re very pleased that Len will be able to draw on Rick’s experience and knowledge of the Eskimos and the CFL during the transition period.”
1999 – June 2011 Reebok-CCM (a Division of the Adidas Group)
• Senior Vice-President & General Manager, Reebok-CCM Hockey Global , 2009 – 2011.
• Vice President & General Manager Reebok Canada, Footwear & Apparel, 2006-2008.
• Vice President Global Marketing & Product Creation, Reebok-CCM Hockey, 2001-2006
• Global Marketing Director, 2000 – 2001
• Global Brand Manager, 1999-2000
1988 – 1999 Molson Coors
• Brand Director Molson.
• Various marketing, sponsorship and sales positions within the Molson Coors group.
Bachelor of Commerce, (Marketing major) – Concordia University, Montreal.
Len Rhodes, 47, was born in Schefferville, Quebec, is single and has one daughter Melissa, 20, who is attending Concordia University. Len’s personal interests are in sports, business and travel.